Commercial Meadery Category: Organizations
The Missouri Mead Making Society :
- Was founded in 2013 by a group of individuals involved in making mead.
- Has nearly XX members.
- Advocates for mead making and homebrewers’ rights in the United States.
- Is governed by a committee of mead makers and homebrewers elected by its members.
- Hosts multiple events promoting mead making.
- Has requested to become a Chapter of the American Mead Association, a not-for-profit trade association dedicated to promoting and protecting amateur and professional mead makers.
The Missouri Mead Making Society® (M3 Society) is a not-for-profit organization based in Lake St. Louis, Missouri.
- The Missouri Mead Makers Society is organized and operated exclusively as a social Society for the pleasure and recreation of its members within the meaning of §501(c)(7) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (as amended) or the corresponding provision of any future States internal revenue law.
- The mission of the Missouri Mead Makers Society is to explore, promote and educate the Society members, as well as the masses about the mead making hobby. We aim to promote awareness and appreciation of the quality and variety of meads through education, research, and the collection and dissemination of information. The consumption of samples allow for examination of the various styles of home brewed mead for the purposes of competition, evaluation, feedback and problem solving.
- As a corporation that is to function as a §501(c)(7) social Society, as defined in Section 1-3.24 of the Missouri “Liquor Control Act” of 1934, the Missouri Mead Makers Society states that it will comply with the State and local laws and ordinances relating to alcoholic liquors.